How to switch the forum's language to English?
The forum's default language is - for historical reasons - German, but you
can easily switch it to English. This will switch the language of
all controls and buttons to English. The posts naturally keep the
language that they were posted in.
- In order to switch the language, you first need to register:
- In the 'Navigation' (navigation) row
at the top of the forum click on 'Anmelden' (log in).
- On the log in page click the link 'Nicht registriert?
Klicken Sie hier, um sich zu registrieren' (Not registered? click
here to register).
- Type in a 'Benutzername' (user name), your 'E-Mail' (email)
and a 'Passwort' (password), then klick on 'abschicken'
- As soon as you are logged in, you will find a link in the 'Navigation' row,
which says 'Ihr Profil' (personal settings) - click it.
- On the left, there is a small menu. Below the heading 'Optionen' (options),
there is an item 'Foren-Einstellungen' (forum settings).
- Now you can see several dropdown boxes. One is labeled 'Sprache' (language)
and the Dropdown contains the option 'English' - choose this one.
- Click the 'abschicken' (submit) button. As soon as you return
to the forum with the 'Zurück
zum Forum' link, all controls should be in English.
Most posts are in German, but you are very welcome to post in English -
most of our forum users also speak English.